Sunday 8 March 2015

TAKE A WORD


We are looking forward to SPRING at Take a Word this week and that made me think of Spring flowers and in particular Dandelions.   As soon as Spring starts and all through the Summer they spring up everywhere and like Triffids they advance across our gardens,  public greens and meadows in a never ending search for more.   First juicy yellow flowers and then white Dandelion clocks whose sole aim is to populate more of our earth.  And they seem almost indestructible  ... thank goodness!   Well, at least the bees (if they could talk) might say thank goodness for the sight and taste of a sweet and sustaining Dandelion feast!  :D

Credit  to Gustav Klimt and to the talented contributors of images to Pixabay (public domain).

Thank you for looking.






13 comments:

Karla B said...

This is lovely!

peggy gatto said...

She is mesmerizing! Dandelions are childhood flowers because you could make a wish and then blow the petals to float in the air!

sirkkis said...

I'm allergic to dandelions, so azzziiih!!
Wonderful collage, Ann.

Yvonne said...

This is such a tribute to Spring, Ann! Love it!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Amazing creation, I love the soft coloring.
I wish you a happy new week,
hugs Anja

Lori Saul said...

I love dandelions (but not in my garden)! Spent the day weeding them. A gorgeous vision of Spring Ann!

Ozstuff said...

When I was a small child there was a tall tale afoot that told us we would wet the bed if we played with dandelions! What a lovely tribute to spring, Ann. Exquisite.

Judy said...

Super, duper, Ann, dandelions are the only living things on my very parched lawns at the moment!

Christine said...

Really cool!

Sim said...

Ooooh, this is so beautiful Ann!
I must say that this collage is perfect in my eyes my friend!

(We are used to eat little fresh dandelions in my part of the world, mixed with others wild salads, it's excellent! :)

indybev said...

If only we could contain them, their buttery yellow blanket would be considered a flower; BUT they persist in over-populating, hence they've become the bane of our existence! Great tribute to the dandelion, Ann!

Rosie said...

I love your Spring creation, it's fantastic

Stacy M.S. said...

so very beautiful.

the colors play off of each other brilliantly.